Monday 10 December 2018
Home      All news      Contact us     
reliefweb - 23 days ago

Angola: UNDP provides USD 465 million for resilience projects southern region

Source: Government of Angola Country: Angola
Lubango - The United Nations Population and Development Fund (UNDP) has available US $ 465 million for drought-resilient projects in the provinces of Huíla, Namibe and Cunene in favor of 1.1 million people of the country’s southern region. This was announced Friday to the press in Lubango by UNDP Angola director, Henrik Fredborg Larsen, who is on a working visit to Huíla adding that the project to be implemented until 2030, has made available this year 22% of the total value. The remaining 78% of the budget will be phased in, part of which in the first half of January 2019. The priority, according to the interviewee, is for the Water sector to allow a sustainable family farming. He said that UNDP also intends to support peasant families with agricultural implements, including hoes, plows, tractors, as well as the implementation of tanks consubstantiate in the special credit line for small and medium-sized farmers.

Related news

Latest News
Hashtags:   

Angola

 | 

provides

 | 

million

 | 

resilience

 | 

projects

 | 

southern

 | 

region

 | 
Most Popular (6 hours)

Most Popular (24 hours)

Most Popular (a week)

Sources